Two days ago, our family said goodbye to a humble, hard-working, sensitive, soft-spoken man—my Uncle David.
Uncle David was a devout Christian who tried to follow the path of righteousness every day of his life. My uncle practiced random acts of kindness, always lending a hand or giving encouragement. He never expected remuneration for his kindnesses. Instead, he hoped that those he helped would pay it forward, doing good deeds and spreading goodwill to others.
Unassuming and modest, Uncle David would not have wanted accolades. However, because he was such a special person, I wanted to honor him in a way that would best exemplify the way he lived his life. So, in memory of my Uncle David, I am paying it forward.
Through the years, I have encountered others who by word or deed have encouraged or inspired me, including fellow bloggers. Some of these bloggers share my passion for genealogy, some savor the flavor of a well-written word, and some see the humor in life. Because of all that these writers have given to others, I would like to say acknowledge them here.
You too can pay it forward by recognizing some exceptional bloggers at my blog party.
- Please link to another person’s blog that you feel should be recognized.
- Please include one image per post.
- Backlinks/pingbacks are greatly appreciated, as are links on social media sites.
- Please visit, like, and/or comment on the other blogs shared in this linkup.
- Offensive or spam posts will be removed.
- If you have not done so already, please create an InLinkz account (requires a valid email address and password).